Americas Ground Handling
Following the acquisition of Ogden Aviation Services in 2000, Menzies Aviation has grown its Americas Ground Handling business through selective organic business development.
Today we have ground handling operations at 42 airports throughout the USA, Mexico and the Caribbean at cities including Los Angeles, Seattle, Houston, Cancun, Mexico City, Santo Domingo and Saint Maarten.
Consistent with Menzies Aviation strategy of working with attractive airlines, we have built outstanding working relationships with many customers including:
Our cross-section of customers reflects our continuing ability to service both international long-haul carriers and low-cost domestic carriers alike.
By tailoring our service offering to the individual needs of our customers, we are able to maintain our strong contract gain momentum with 17 new contracts won in 2009 alone.
• Countries: 4
• Stations: 42
• Employees: 3,566
• Revenue: £72m
• Turns: 234,968
2000: Acquisition of Ogden Ground Services
2005: Awarded Alaska Airlines ramp contract in SEA. The largest airline outsourcing undertaken in the US
2006: Acquisition of IASA (FLL, MCO, MSP)
2008: Commenced ramp operations at Chicago and Austin
2009 Key Events
• Start-up of Chicago operations
• Launch of Virgin America in FLL
• Commenced pax services operation in IAH
• Opened operations at Tijuana, Mexico
• Acquisition of the ground handling business of KION in Mexico City
• Renewal of AS contracts at all stations in US and Mexico
• Renewal of AA/UA/CO contracts at all stations in Mexico